Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun and Relaxing Weekend

We had such a fun and relaxing weekend because we didn't have anything planned for a change! On Friday night we stayed in and watched a movie. On Saturday morning, Shannon worked in the yard and Tristan and I hung out together. On Saturday night we went to Sams to get some things and we saw this vegetable garden we had been eyeing for months. We look at it every time we are there but with the $799 price tag we thought that was a bit too expensive for veggies. When we went in on Saturday they had it marked half off!! We sat there and debated for quite some time and then we decided to get it for our anniversary present which is on July 26th. We probably won't plant anything until next spring but we are so excited to get it set up and have fresh veggies. I am especially excited that Tristan will get to eat home grown veggies and participate in taking care of the garden eventually. We will definitely have to figure out how to take it with us when we move! Here are some pictures below from Sams' website. Oh and it has a self watering system so hopefully I won't kill it!


Shannon has been keeping a compost in the backyard for several months in a plastic tub. He has already made some nice soil for our future garden. It is nice to throw our scraps in there from cooking and be able to do something with all the food that goes bad when we don't eat it. Sams had this nice composter for 30 bucks so we couldn't pass it up! Oh and don't worry we just put it together in the house but it is going outside!


The only time Tristan will ever be in the composter hopefully!


No daddy you can't compost a baby!

Here are some things you CAN put in the composter:
eggshells and egg cartons
grass clippings
shredded paper
paper towels
vegetable peels
straw
leaves, branches
rotting fruits or vegetables
shredded newspaper
weeds(but watch for seeds)
used coffee grounds



Tristan helping...maybe...

Daddy.. why are there extra parts??

Today we met my parent's and grandmas for lunch because it was my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mother! Tristan did so well sitting in his high chair the whole meal!

To finish the weekend off I finally used the massage gift that Shannon got me for Valentine's Day. I know I waited way too long. It ended up being a two hour massage! It was awesome because she comes to your house and sets up everything right there. It was very relaxing and I can't wait to have her come back!

For having a weekend with no plans we ended up being pretty busy!!

2 comments:

DeAnna & John said...

I am so excited that you have the garden center! Oh and Tristan is a cute piece of compost!!

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

That's fancy!!!