Thursday, April 15, 2010

Room Update

Sorry it has been so long since I updated everyone on the room! It is really coming along and and we are just putting the finishing touches on now. Here are some pictures of the progress:

We got the walls textured and painted. I love the paint I picked out. It looks even better in person! We have earth-tones in the rest of the house so I thought I would do some color in here since it is a "play room".


Ceiling fan!


We decided to do bead board and a chair rail about a third of the way up since it is so durable and would take a beating from Tristan.


Tristan helping!

Wood floors are in!





I just installed the tile around the back door yesterday so I will be able to grout it tonight hopefully. I bet y'all didn't know I was such a handy-woman huh??


And here is an update on our big guy Tristan. He is growing and changing so much lately it is hard to keep up. He says a ton of words but his favorites are car, ball, Maggie, puppy, vroom, bite, bye bye and daddy. He says these words alllll the time. He also says quack, duck, roar, mommy, up, night night, book, shoe, and HI. It seems like he says new things everyday. He is SO heavy and big and he still has not quite walking although he will take about 3 or 4 steps. It is so funny because he is not scared of anything else. He climbs on everything and laughs when he falls but he has no confidence when he is trying to walk. So funny. We think it is because he is so big and his head is in the 97% percentile. It must be heavy! =P He will walk all over the place if he is holding our finger though.

He is so happy in the mornings when we walk in. It is the best greeting ever!

He eats EVERYTHING and is not picky at all. His favorite meal in breakfast where he usually eats the most. Today he had bananas, blueberries, grapes, and cinnamon toast.. YUM!
He sometimes smiles for the camera now which I love =). He loves to play with cars and he throws everything. He gets so excited to take a bath. As soon as he hears the water running he starts squealing and kicking his legs. He loves strangers and will talk to anyone. He is a major flirt too with the ladies. The other day at a restaurant these guys were walking by and laughing and he started fake laughing with them really loud. They thought it was so funny. He is such a ham! He loves to go night night and he usually falls right to sleep when we lay him down. We love him so much! Can you tell??

1 comment:

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

Thanks for the fun update of Tristan!! He can do so much!!! What a sweet boy :)